Message from the President of Washington Scuba Alliance

• Thread starter jetrask69@hotmail.com
  • Start date

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J

jetrask69@hotmail.com

Hello Everyone,

Washington Scuba Alliance is going though a huge growth spurt and update of our organization. We would like all divers to keeping checking our website Washington Scuba Alliance for our website to come up with a fresh look and staying current from here on out. Also, we have 11 of the 17 mooring buoys paid for and two are due to be put in the waters of Hood Canal and the last one at Possession Point. That leaves six that need a home. So get your club or family to buy one and know that you will be protecting our beautiful dive sites from anchor damage. Also, we will be celebrating our 20th anniversary in October in Port Angeles with a party and meeting with some interesting guest speakers. Port Angeles was chosen because it will be the future home of an underwater marine park and this will be discussed at the meeting. Think of a ferry 50' underwater and you're floating through the car bay with sealife 360 degrees around you. More on that later. Plus we are starting a new program called "Dive Into Washington". This is where divers signup to dive selected sites in the state and get credit for it and an end of year dinner for those who have completed the required dives come and a grand prize is given to one of the participants. So, keep your eyes and ears open for more on this too. We would like to invite you all to be members if you are not already. Plus we would like to get some volunteers to join our board of directors and help us grow even more. Feel free to contact me if interested.

Jim Trask
President
Washington Scuba Alliance

Jim have you done a research dive on where you plan on putting the mooring at Possession point, also I would alter the attachment point so it is about three feet from bottom, or you will loose it as the bottom always covers. Another is in order to accomplish this you will be in a high rip current at surface which will make getting in and out a real pain if not diving a long slack. I have only seen a few unattended divers there who I watch struggle to get in boat, there are a few that know where to anchor but it is very shallow, and not made for a bigger boat.

If you not ventured of this let me know, I can show you the alternatives for anchoring and most of all not to damage the reef.

Ok jim I went to your site and the bouy is the second of 2 to go to the ferry, as you only mentioned possession point. Thought it would be a very hard set at the point to actually use. Glad to see another one is coming, myself I anchor to the side in the sand so I can lift and flow with boat so not to have to deal with surface current, but I can dive the ferry any time this way, not just a good slack.

So your board of directors are obsolete or something and yes the website is not updated in years seems to be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom