The natural progression of SB threads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FPDocMatt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
There seems to be a natural progression of Scuba Board threads.

1. First someone posts a question.

2. Then, a few helpful people answer the question.

3. Then a couple of the people get into a disagreement about something.

4. The next 15 pages of posts are those 2 people discussing their disagreement.

The original poster got his or her question answered long ago.

I'm not criticizing, I just think it's kind of cute.

If you ever want to start a fight on SB all you have to do is bash DIR, start a thread about BP/W vs Jacket, mention something about Air 2's, or say something about split fins sucking or jet fins sucking and before you know it you have 30 pages of ranting then eventually it goes into a pub style debate then the thread gets shut down, happens everytime.

the solo section of the Forum has alot of threads with people fighting about whats right whats wrong. etc. Some what repetitive arguments throughout

fun to read through though. :coffee:

The OPs question is usually answered in the first 15 posts or less. Then comes the people repeating the info, or changing the subject. Sometimes a argument occurs. Then the wandering may begin. Sometimes its a difficult subject like an unexplained death. Or a fudge sundae!

What I have found interesting over the years is the attitudes. I used to be stupid to buy local cause you overpaid. Then the economy tanked and many an LDS went out of business. Now it's more accepted to buy local as folks realize supporting local is important. What is sad is seeing friends stop using SB for various reasons. Maybe they will be back, but the crowd and overall tone has changed as it has grown.

If you ever want to start a fight on SB all you have to do is bash DIR, start a thread about BP/W vs Jacket, mention something about Air 2's, or say something about split fins sucking or jet fins sucking and before you know it you have 30 pages of ranting then eventually it goes into a pub style debate then the thread gets shut down, happens everytime.

Yeah I have seen more than one of those in my lurking.

There seems to be a natural progression of Scuba Board threads.

1. First someone posts a question.

2. Then, a few helpful people answer the question.

3. Then a couple of the people get into a disagreement about something.

4. The next 15 pages of posts are those 2 people discussing their disagreement.

The original poster got his or her question answered long ago.

I'm not criticizing, I just think it's kind of cute.

Hey Matt, if you'd done a search you would have seen how many times that's been pointed out in a variety of cofigurations. RTFM! ( I'm kidding. Honestly, just kidding. The problem is that there's no "sarcasm" font)

Back
Top Bottom