What does "bsl" mean on an Oceanic VEO 200 dive computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tremebundo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Mi Oceanic VEO 200 recently stopped working and started showing only three letters: "BSL". It didn't happen during a dive. Last time it worked, it worked perfectly until the end of the dive and then a couple of weeks later, when I wanted to dive with it again, it BSL'ed me. I checked the manual but couldn't find anything regarding this.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Try your local dealer. Also there is an Oceanic forum on Scubaboard under Manufacturers Forum.

Good luck

Bob
------------------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

It stands for "Boot Strap Loader".

It has to do with the data download. For some reason your computer entered an Oceanic-internal programming mode "Boot Strap Loader". You should have no issue after exiting it. This has nothing to do with the programming that a user would do. I assume you did some downloads?

You may need to go into download mode to return this to dive mode. Or yank the battery.

Hi there,

I didn't do any downloads. In fact I don't have the cable. But that tip about removing the battery is gold! I'll try that tonight.

Cheers!

Cristian

Been randomly punches buttons have ya'? That's a new one on me. Glad you found the FAQ. I bet it will power off when you leave it alone for a few hours and reset.

Considering the adjusting I have tried to do on my Veo 200 with 5mm gloves on I'm amazed that I haven't seen that, or worse.

Bob
---------------------------------
There is no problem that can't be solved with a liberal application of sex, tequila, money, duct tape, or high explosives, not necessarily in that order.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom