Looking For - Nikon D90 Ikelite Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spencerjb22

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

Looking for a Nikon D90 Ikelite housing ( not sure i have a budget for nauticam etc )

Currently looking to use a sigma 10-20 and nikon 60mm lenses. So possible 6" dome + macro flat port options too.

If you're looking to sell, please drop me a line.

There's a guy on SB, DR PEPPER, that wants to sell his D90 Aquatica. He's in the UK and wants 999 Sterling (british pounds) for it.

I also have a D90, but bought recently a Sony NEX5N for it's outstanding video capabilities UW (full HD 1080i @ 60 fps - interlaced). Cheaper housing, tilt screen.

Cheaper to go full that route, than the full DSLR route, FWIW. Not the same thing of course, but still 'decent'.

Anyways, here's a quote :

drpepper:
Hi Mark,

Housing is an Aquatica AD90, dual bulkhead - one 3 pin, one 5 pin. I bought it last December, and it has been used on 3 dive trips since then. Apart from the first trip (the "complaint" you saw), it has performed flawlessly, and has been meticulously cared for.

At present, the housing new in the UK is £1630 (excl. delivery); I would be willing to sell it for £999.

Best wishes,

Tom

There's a guy on SB, DR PEPPER, that wants to sell his D90 Aquatica. He's in the UK and wants 999 Sterling (british pounds) for it.

I also have a D90, but bought recently a Sony NEX5N for it's outstanding video capabilities UW (full HD 1080i @ 60 fps - interlaced). Cheaper housing, tilt screen.

Cheaper to go full that route, than the full DSLR route, FWIW. Not the same thing of course, but still 'decent'.

Anyways, here's a quote :

Cheers Dude, would love a housing of that quality, however when adding ports etc it is over my budget i think.
That's why the ikelite seems a good choice.

There are other companies too, 10bar, Nauticam.

Also on eBay there are lots of Chinese "knock-offs" that are dirt cheap, for the simple reason that they only go to 10m or 20m.
Sometimes, that's sufficient.

I saw one that's basically a heavy-duty pouch that you fill with air, with a triple seal, and a clear plastic port. The pouch wraps around the camera the deeper you go, so you get a visual clue of when to stop going deeper. Kinda like keeping an air bubble around your camera.

For shore diving / snorkeling, would work great. Plastic bag is flexible enough to access all your controls.

Back
Top Bottom