Durable Metal Trays for Sealife Cameras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rand

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
For sale are custom metal trays for Sealife cameras, in both single, and double strobe styles.

These custom made trays replace the flimsy plastic trays that come with the Sealife cameras and help offset the positive buoyancy of the camera and strobe(s). These trays are the result of a design a metal working dive buddy of mine and I came up with after experiencing Sealife tray failures and being generally dissatisfied with the Sealife tray design. These are what remain of a limited production run and there are no plans to make more, so when these are gone, they’re gone.

Metal Tray Features:

• Solid anodized machined aluminum construction
  • Attachment point for Sealife wide angle lens dock (lens and dock sold separately)
  • Holes for lanyards
  • Mounts your Sealife camera and Sealife strobe and/or video light with no permanent modification to those devices
  • Easy assembly/disassembly for storage and travel
  • Double tray moves strobes farther apart for increased lighting options
  • Each tray offsets the camera and strobe’s positive buoyancy (see specs below)
  • Stainless steel hardware to mount the strobes/lights included
PICT1632.jpg

The single strobe tray mounts to the camera with the single accessory screw that comes with all Sealife strobes (you provide the Sealife single accessory screw).

The double strobe tray mounts to the camera with a double accessory Sealife screw (you provide the Sealife double accessory screw).

Specifications:

Single Tray: 9-7/8” x 2” x 1/2” Weight: 0.7 lbs
Double Tray: 13-1/4” x 2” x 7/8” Weight: 1.0 lbs

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

Both trays fit all models of Sealife cameras. They are NOT designed for use with non-Sealife cameras or strobes.

Each tray comes with mounting instructions, an anodized aluminum single or double tray, and stainless steel mounting hardware.

You provide the Sealife camera screws, strobes/lights, and camera.

Pricing: Double Strobe Tray: $55 each, shipped continental US
Single Strobe Tray: $45 each, shipped continental US

Please inquire for international shipping rates. Feel free to ask any questions.

Hey Rand,
I'm interested on the double strobe tray, but first, can you tell me the dimension of that middle dip. If my canon housing fits, then I'll take the tray away from you. Thanks.

Enrique

I have one of the double strobe trays from Rand and it rocks! Very nicely made and is so much sturdier than the plastic trays.

Thank you to all that have inquired about the trays. I still have a few left.

I still have a few trays left. Shoot me a PM.

Still a couple trays left for sale.

I'm in Edmonton, Alberta Canada but also very interested, I have the DC1400 with the video light please let me know the price and availability?

PMs sent. Thanks for the inquires!

Back
Top Bottom