Dive mask question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverG

Reached My 2nd Goal!
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, I'm planning on taking a cavern diving course in Mexico this summer, and need to buy some equipment. I will be needing to get a mask with prescription lenses. I have looked at the Hollis M1 and hte dealer said it wouldn't work for prescription lenses. Are there any low volume masks that you can recommend for use with prescription lenses?

I am not familiar with that mask but your post begs the question why?

There are some masks that accept off the rack interchangeable lenses in various diopters. Apparently this Hollis product is not one of these.

Most wanting true correction opt for bonded inlays that correct diopter, cylinder and other irregularities based on your full prescription. Prescription Dive Masks is a common provider. I do suggest diving you new mask a few times if you can get by so you are rock solid sure that the fit is working for you.

It may be that some low volume mask lenses are too close to the eye to allow inlays to work correctly. I would contact PDM with your mask model and script. They will know what is possible.

Pete

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom