Spearfishing in 80 feet w/ 13 yr old... Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dumpsterDiver

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Last weekend's adventures. First dive with the kid, second is solo..

All shot with the GO Pro 1 with a mako flat lens...

[video=youtube_share;aRV3TNwTJfM]http://youtu.be/aRV3TNwTJfM[/video]

Pretty cool

did you speed up the footage, you dropped so fast out of the boat, it was like you were at 80 ft in 2 secs

That mutton (it looked like a mutton anyway) wasn't dumb. haha.
Nice video. I have a GoPro a guy gave me and I just got the flat lens. It looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing that.

nice video, I am impressed with the GoPro after being skeptical for some time now

Pretty cool

did you speed up the footage, you dropped so fast out of the boat, it was like you were at 80 ft in 2 secs

No not at all; that was the normal speed. I was a little pissed at the kid for zipping down so fast ahead of me however. He had only a 4-5 second lead on me off the boat, because i was delayed in making sure the floatline he was carrying was not fouled on the boat after he rolled over.

From watching other video of myself diving solo, I have found that I can descend to about 160 feet in 60 seconds from the time I roll off the boat, but that is kicking down vigorously.

nice video, I am impressed with the GoPro after being skeptical for some time now

I like the camera a lot. It was worthless without the MAKO flat lens for underwater use. Incidentally some of the "pixelation" or whatever it is with the noise in the video image is NOT on the raw footage..it only seems to appear here and there on the uploaded version.. not sure the cause or how to avoid it..? I use the basic free software Movie Maker to assemble the video,,, nothing fancy.

I have several other videos posted on that channel that were shot with the Go Pro and mako flat lens. The camera seems to work pretty well even on dives past recreational depths. This one was shot in 185 feet with ambient light... film was from my first dive on a recently discovered WW2 aircraft.

[video=youtube_share;uZJ0byuTVqU]http://youtu.be/uZJ0byuTVqU[/video]

No not at all; that was the normal speed. I was a little pissed at the kid for zipping down so fast ahead of me however. He had only a 4-5 second lead on me off the boat, because i was delayed in making sure the floatline he was carrying was not fouled on the boat after he rolled over.

From watching other video of myself diving solo, I have found that I can descend to about 160 feet in 60 seconds from the time I roll off the boat, but that is kicking down vigorously.
Very cool, being a newer diver, I have encountered issues going down, it just seemed super fast.

Cool video, I think I may have to look at the GOPRO

Good video. I want to add some kind of extra pony,on dives. What size are you using? Im never going deeper than 100ft. Want to make the right choice first time. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom