Any suggestions for keeping my wifes hair out of her mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jesus-fish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Everytime my wife puts her hood and mask on it is a battle to keep her hair in the hood and out of her mask. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Gel? hair band? Shave her head? :D

Thank you in advance.

Pony tail?

yep my thought exactly but it might get a bit of feminine resistance. Her hair long or short, and how does she comb it _before_ she puts on the hood... IF her hair is long, have her put a bit of baby oil or vaseline in her hair then french braid it starting at the hairline and going back all the way down to her neck and then tieing it off.. short use some vaseline and comb it straight back..how she puts on her hood might also have an effect on how her hair gets loose.

Pony tail?

I can see you don't have long hair.. :blinking:

'bella

ps... you don't need a lot of either... just enough to make the hair do what you want.. hairline at the forehead going back..

I wear a polyester skull cap I got at a Harley shop. First I put conditioner in my hair and comb it straight back and put it in a pony tail - then I put on the skull cap and tuck the pony tail up under the back. This works great even when I'm wearing a hood. The best part is that it keeps those side hairs from getting tangled in my snorkel.

My hair is short at the front so I use one of those headbands that look like a comb all around. It's soft and stretchy and does up into a circle. The "teeth" hold the little hairs in place with or without a hood. Works very well. It would work equally well with long hair all around.

The Stretch Comb Headband looks like this:

Stretch Comb Headband.jpg

My Girlfriend Suffers Thru the Same Problem

I will have to forward this thread to my GF; her hair is always getting inside her mask too. I have a face full of hair so I just clear my mask...alot. But from what I understand from her that is not a viable option for her enjoyment.

I mentioned the 'Shave Head' solution once too...just ONCE. I didn't know it was so cold in Cozumel in September. :laughsnow:

Bald Mona.jpg

1) A lightweight lycra hood usually works. Then wear a regular hood over that.

2) Not actually necessary to shave the complete heat, just the forward half, so she could at least have a nice ponytail or braids. Kind of cool...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom