PDA

View Full Version : Lavacore Sizing

wrenco
March 1st, 2012, 03:52 AM
Hi, I am asking a freind to purchase a lavacore long sleeves top for me. I usually wear XL shirts but on Lavacore's size charts, I should just be LARGE.

Are they true to their sizes?

I'm 5'8 and 217 lbs heavy, if it helps.

Thank you.

garydemos
March 1st, 2012, 06:30 AM
FYI I am 6'3 and 195 lbs. (tall and thin) and I bought size XL long sleeve uppers and lowers - they fit me perfectly. Other people have posted here expressing frustration over the sizing of lavacore.

Hawkwood
March 1st, 2012, 10:41 AM
I recently acquired a Lavacore medium full suit. According to the size chart I would be a medium. It was recommended by the shop I go for the large, but I "stood my ground" and stayed with the medium and it fits fine. I was a bit surprised with the "weight" ranges for the sizes. They seemed to be rather "heavy" given the other measurements.

Mitchell Teeters
March 1st, 2012, 11:07 AM
Something to consider. What are you going to use it for? I'm getting mine for undergarment wear in the summer with my drysuit so I'm not wanting tight/snug. If you are planning on wearing it on the outside as a wetsuit then you would want it snug/comfortable. So with this in mind make your choice. Really though, until you try them on you don't know.

For example, I got a XXXL for my top (vest) (51+ chest), and it is not TIGHT, but snug. My shoe size is a 10+ and the med fit w/o being too tight, but snug enough to allow me to fit the socks of the DS.

I hope I haven't muddled the water for you.

buddhasummer
March 1st, 2012, 11:10 AM
I am usually a medium, sometimes small depending on cut. I bought a long sleeved Lavacore the Medium was massive, the small too big the XS just about right. Based on my experience I would say the smaller sizes are on the large side.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1