Lavacore Sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wrenco

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, I am asking a freind to purchase a lavacore long sleeves top for me. I usually wear XL shirts but on Lavacore's size charts, I should just be LARGE.

Are they true to their sizes?

I'm 5'8 and 217 lbs heavy, if it helps.

Thank you.

FYI I am 6'3 and 195 lbs. (tall and thin) and I bought size XL long sleeve uppers and lowers - they fit me perfectly. Other people have posted here expressing frustration over the sizing of lavacore.

I recently acquired a Lavacore medium full suit. According to the size chart I would be a medium. It was recommended by the shop I go for the large, but I "stood my ground" and stayed with the medium and it fits fine. I was a bit surprised with the "weight" ranges for the sizes. They seemed to be rather "heavy" given the other measurements.

Something to consider. What are you going to use it for? I'm getting mine for undergarment wear in the summer with my drysuit so I'm not wanting tight/snug. If you are planning on wearing it on the outside as a wetsuit then you would want it snug/comfortable. So with this in mind make your choice. Really though, until you try them on you don't know.

For example, I got a XXXL for my top (vest) (51+ chest), and it is not TIGHT, but snug. My shoe size is a 10+ and the med fit w/o being too tight, but snug enough to allow me to fit the socks of the DS.

I hope I haven't muddled the water for you.

I am usually a medium, sometimes small depending on cut. I bought a long sleeved Lavacore the Medium was massive, the small too big the XS just about right. Based on my experience I would say the smaller sizes are on the large side.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom