Regulators - best of the tests

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't trade my Halcyon Halo's or H&%P's for nothing. In other words I agree with the ranking that the MK25's received.

You guys went out an bought all these to test right? Like Consumer Reports does? No manufacturer supplied them for free for you to test I hope.
I have no problem with manufacturers supply gear for testing, in fact that likely means that the gear is tuned as well as it possibly can be, which is the real first order question: "how does it work when all is the way it should be." What I'd like to see is a similar report (including a disassemble report) for those regulators after 100 dives and normal "gear bag abuse."

And once again, some of the best regulators on the planet, Poseidon, have been ignored . . .

This should be "Best of the trendy and popular regulators in 2012" since it certainly didn't cover them all . . . . and Poseidon has at least three models currently available: Cyklon, Jetstream and XStream . . .

- TIm

Your writeup makes reference to a "testing process" yet there is no description of this process. This document looks more like an advertisement that a credible test report.

I'm with James, I don't see any evidence of any objective testing.

As far as manufacturer supplied or store bought, I prefer store bought testing. It keeps the sampling honest and also tests quality control. When you buy a reg it's store bought, not a special edition optimized for test scores.

I wounder how hog reg's would stack up. The hog reg I have breathes better then my apeks

Testing criteria and data would be nice. See the MK25/S600 still the breather to have, but then again i know that already. Owner of 2 sets :D and they truly perform awesome the deeper you go. Worth every cent!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom