Lets give it another go..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Griff..

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
So attempt 2 on quitting smoking, again I say this to myself very often that I SHOULD quit, but posting it up on here for me is almost like.. putting it in writing and ingraining it my mind a little more, exercise regime back in place and no cigarettes, starting tomorrow.

any words of wisdom will be appreciated, and I will keep this thread updated!

Thanks

Just try and keep a positive mind and its going to be tough. I am pulling for you, I know how hard it is to quit because I saw the struggles my mother had with quitting.

Distraction is key. Also helps if you have a money tin, pay what you would have forked over for smokes into the tin. Buy yourself a small reward at the end of week one. When you see the $ building up you can plan a big reward to spend it on (dive holiday??). Be kind to yourself, it's a rough process. FWIW success feels good, but I seriously contemplated lopping off a toe just to distract my brain at about day 10. 16 months later it is definitely worth it! (and I still have all my toes)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom