Illinois divers, check in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NaCL H2O Boy

Reaction score
How many Illinois divers are on here? Chicago burbs here. Anyone know of any dives still going on in the area? I was planning on checking out Bonne Terre in February with a group of divers, but want to do some dives sooner. I was half tempted to see if any LDS will be doing classes in a pool around here just so I could get some underwater time in.

St. Louis, MO--but since I'm on the border I do half my diving in IL!

Mermet is an excellent dive operation, and nearly year-round. The viz even gets better in the winter!

www.mermetsprings.com

Don't even need to have a buddy--the owner, Glen, will match you up with one of the local regulars. Might help if you e-mail him in advance if you are going to be needing a buddy.

I also dive in northern IL, but the sites I know of there are closed for the season.

theskull

Checkin in....

Using this time to figure out what the next
big equipment purchase will be.

I'm Only 20 miles from the border and do a lot of diving in Ill, so for me it's close enough.... I use this time to do all my preping chores for next season checking & O2 cleaning of regs, tumbling and cleaning tanks..... and wishing on what I want and how I am going to slide it by my wife with out her seeing it (Non Diver) They just don't understand!
I too Want to Dive A bonne Terre Sometime soon
Rob

Another Springfield diver here. Just got my new drysuit, and I'm ready to jump back in the big lake. Doing it in a 7mm semi-dry just wasn't making it.

NaCL H2O Boy once bubbled...

What was the water temp?

35 degrees at 90'. My suit lost a lot of it's insulating properties at that depth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom