D7000.......finally

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diddydidit

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Well it took many months of research, going to camera shops and trying to choose between the 7d, 60d and d7000. I am now proud to say I am the proud new owner of a d7000. Now comes the fun part, learning to use it. Although I stilll need to buy a housing and strobes you should see me hanging around here asking lots of questions. Cheers

Best of luck

Although I stilll need to buy a housing and strobes
....now comes the expensive part
:D

Congrats! You are going to love that camera. Nauticam and Sea & Sea have some great housings. Start saving up! - Scott

I took my new D7000 underwater for the first time yesterday (in a Nauticam housing :p).
Just getting used to the controls underwater, but loving it so far - much easier to change settings than on a compact. Haven't looked at the images on the computer yet, but not expecting too much considering the conditions. Also loved the battery life - still showing 5 bars after 1.5 hours of taking photos :D

The battery should give you really good service. The 1500ma battery in my D300 will shoot over 1500 pictures and still have plenty left. Yours is 1900ma, but video and flash might affect your battery life. I always carry a fully charged spare, but generally I only have to swap and charge the night before diving. Unfortunately, your battery is ridiculously expensive compared to mine, which has come way down since I bought the camera. I'm sure you'll take some brilliant pics with your new toy. Have fun.

Nice choice. Please share your complete setup - I often use the Search Function to see who uses what.

Little things like, can you manually focus? Manually zoom?

LOL just noticed Larry's sig.

Back
Top Bottom