Triptone availablility?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShoeAddict

Registered
Reaction score
Dear fellow scubaboard members,

Has anyone heard what happened to the sale of Triptone? I usually purchase some about 1 month before my trip but I cannot find it available from any of my usual resources. Yes, there is one seller on Amazon who wants about 60 bucks for 12 tablets. Give me a break that's more 10 times what it would normally cost. I am considering trying Equate Motion Sickness Tablets,from Walmart, as the active ingredient is the same and dose. However so is the current vials of Dramamine and I swear that drug would have me drowsy and looking for a nap within 2-3 hours. I know that bonine works under mild conditions but combined seas and diesel fumes and ... well, it let me down.

Has anyone tried the walmart generic? Thank you for your help

Found it at sportschalet dot com for $5.98 but not sure if it's in stock. Also Dolphin Scuba Center Sacramento but not in stock.

Equate at Wally's. That's what I've used for years. Very inexpensive and does the job. 'Midwest Hunters Outlet' has Triptone for $4.99 if you have to have it.

give the generic from Walmart a try. Many of my students have used it with good results. The active ingredients are the same and much cheaper. If that doesn't do it for you, you'll just have to try different ones until you find one that works.

Mikeytmh (scuba instructor/Paramedic)

Btw, when I was in Key Largo (New Year's) I found Triptone at dive shops - but I had already gotten the generic and it works just fine.

Back
Top Bottom