Beach Diving + Beach Snorkeling Resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ameri180304

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm 28 and have my SDI Basic; my mother snorkels. Now I know that regardless of where I go I can go on a boat, but I wanna take her on another vacation soon here to where we could do some beach snorkeling but I'd like to dive if possible. So I guess what I'm asking here, is do you guys recommend any good beach diving/snorkeling spots?

I'd like to keep it in the Caribbean, but am open to other suggestions.

thanks a million.

Try Vieques & Culebra
The diving may be good on Curacao, but the snorkeling doesn't come close to Bonaire, most reef on Curacao is too deep for good snorkeling, not so on Bonaire. The entries are not that bad.IMO

The one warm water site I would someday like to visit is Cocoview Resort on Roatan.
snorkelers-love-the-front.jpg

yup..... 2 great choices:

CocoView Resort, Roatan (see photo by MaxBottomtime)

Buddy Dive, Bonaire (you can watch my videos and see what I mean).... walk into water by ladders on the piers, check out the reef and fish, then walk right back out the way you came in. TONS of fish, and very little current.

2011_Bonaire1911.jpg

robin

Have you looked at aruba / bonaire? I like it because it's not as crowded as other spots like the caribbean. The have tons of places in aruba where they have great snorkling right off your front door and several wrecks to dive as well. Plus everyone is friendly and the rum factory is a huge plus!

I second bonaire. Never been to Aruba, though will be there in a few weeks. Bonaire's got great snorkeling all around the island, but other than scuba diving it can be a bit dull. Not that I have any energy to do anything after so much diving and snorkeling all day. lol
Tell us where you end up deciding!

Plus one for Bonaire. Also, if you stray to the Pacific, Maui has some excellent shore dive sites that offer terrific snorkeling: I would include Olawalu, Black Rock and Ulua Bay among the best.
DivemasterDennis

My wife and I own a dive shop in Vieques, PR. We fly to Bonaire for dive vacations. Yes, Bonaire rocks.

That being said, PR is close, cheap, and easy to get to, and requires no passport....oh and btw has some fantastic diving.

Check out this link: | Scuba Diving Magazine

My list is a little different, but with this list you won't be disappointed.

Fitz
Vieques Dive Company
www.viequesdivers.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom