Theres got to be an underwater forest in Ontario right? Anyone know?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LisaMarie

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey, I am a diver in eastern Ontario and was wondering if anybody new of any locations where there are underwater forests or towns? I'm hoping to start the dive season early this year and currently working on a list of places I can explore. If anybody knows of a spot it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!:)
Lisa

In the region of the old locks, there are villages that were flooded when they built the new shipping channel. I don't have more details than that but it would prob make a good dive, although with a lot of current...

The trees were cut to avoide navigational hazards. however, at some places around big structures, you can still see the tree stomp.

The houses were moved , but some basements remain. The roads are still there. All this is located between Cornwall and Iroquois. Some of the houses were moved to the Uppur canada village in Morrisburg and others to the Lost villages Museum near the Lock 21.

Home
Sunken Villages

two great sites

One site I went to last year was the Mille Roches powerhouse. It was a hydro-electric power station in the 40's, before they flooded everything.
You can see some of the old stumps from the trees they cut down. The Milles Roche dive was amazing, i highly recommend it, but you do need a boat..

Want to dive something weired dive the south side of lake on the mountain Picton Ont.

I have heard rumour of an underwater forest somewhere near the mouth of Colpoys Bay. I cannot confirm it's existence or location but did read about it (I will figure out where) and hear story of it from other divers.

there was an underwater forest in aurther, i dove it years ago while i was up skydiving there .it was where the jump school did the water landings ....till we told them what we found just under the surface ...im sure its still there

Check out these video which are all located in the Lost Villages near Cornwall, Ontario likely not too from from you. Although we did them with scooters they are normally boat dives. The first video shows a number of tree stumps at the end it. The second one is a concrete arch bridge still left standing, and the third is a submerged lock with the lock gate still in place. Feel free to contact me if you need more info on these sites. Phone number is on my website which is listed in all three videos.

Mat.

[video=youtube;kWSNIOFS4wA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSNIOFS4wA[/video]

Diving Hoople Creek Bridge - YouTube

Diving Lock 22 in the Lost Villages - YouTube

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom