Just how cool is ScubaBoard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shortdivemedic

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
To all
Living in the Middle East is a little trying at times for sure. The idea of having an online diving related resource is a great benefit especially when you are away from what you are used to. When i was going to Thailand after some discussions with Quero (Marcia) on locations and such we got to meet up and have a few drinks,now I know I could have called her with any questions or help I needed and she would have been there. This board makes travel in foreign countries and I am sure in our own country a little nicer and more relaxed. Now I am heading for another dive center in another country I have never been diving in and I am sure after making contact with aquamarin (Karin) at divers down in the UAE this will be another enjoyable dive getaway.
I have purchased some items on this board and have had nothing but positive things to report about that . Then when I did have difficulties with acquiring something I needed I could depend on someone stepping up and making it available to me. I will continue to support the members on this board for things I need in the future.
I will be using this board as a resource in planning future dive trips and will be looking to its members for feedback both good and bad. I understand that some of the posts you just have to chuckle at,and some of the members I wouldn't want to dive with for sure. But all in all ScubaBoard is a great resource and I look forward to looking thru the post and information I find there.
In my years (32) in EMS I have recognized the need to seek out information on issues that are not familiar to me, and might be spefic to certain activities such as diving and once again ScubaBoard has a great diving medicine section. This section has more information available here than you can find in most textbooks.

All in all I send out Kudos to all the members and moderators on here,you guys are great and I will continue to support this board .

Cheers
Michael

I use scubaboard like I use trip advisor
I find out about a destination, I come here and see what people are saying about it.
New gear out? someone here has tried it already

A great resource here

Scubaboard is very cool - and so is your post! :D

Kudos to you my good man,

C.

shortdivemedic, scubaboard is cool because of YOU and so many other like minded peeps. Together we are a global diving family.

And if you ever come to Key Largo, let me know how I can help.

Nice.

I think it's pretty cool too. I am currently living in Japan which can be hard at times also. Scubaboard is my link to both the western world and my number 1 passion, diving. My girlfriend has no interest in diving but indulges me when I start talking about diving or equipment, the same way a mother says "that's nice dear" when her young child is prattling on. Scubaboard is somewhere I can hang out and talk with like minded folk, learn something and share something. Yes, I like it.

I recently posted this on another thread: You can check the other forums ("wannabees") for days and see threads on page one that haven't been touched since 2007, etc. Here there is almost something of some interest each day--which is hard to do considering there are really only a limited number of basic topics one can discuss regarding scuba (or any subject).

I recently posted this on another thread: You can check the other forums ("wannabees") for days and see threads on page one that haven't been touched since 2007, etc. Here there is almost something of some interest each day--which is hard to do considering there are really only a limited number of basic topics one can discuss regarding scuba (or any subject).

Totally agree. At the moment I'm in between jobs and an unable to dive, Scubaboard is keeping me sane. I think my post count has skyrocketed in the past 2 months.

Buddha
I know I have a non diving girlfriend also and she does the same,she even reads some of the post with me . I will say she feels a little more comfortable with me diving all over knowing I have the best info possible about where and what equipment I am using .

Mselenaous
Careful I was going to send you a message soon I am meeting my friend-instructor down in you area in Sept for some classes and fun diving. I am going to take a hyperbaric medicine class while I am there also . I am thinking we need to at least meet up for a dive or two and maybe some drink and food

Cheers
Michael

Wow! Thanks for the kind, kind words!

Like mselenaous said though, we are the best only because our users and our staff are the best! As a community, we all have the goals too: HAVING FUN UNDERWATER!!! That makes us all elite and unique at the same time. Kudos all around for making us the largest site on the internet that deals specifically with Scuba!

I learn from every thread, and I enjoy the different perspectives, particularly from different parts of the country and world. I enjoy sharing my views, and having them endorsed or corrected. This is a wonderful resource, and my thanks to Scubaboard and everyone who posts for making me a better diver, and a better writer. How cool is Scubaboard? Way cool. Who should become a supporting member? Everyone who benefits from this wonderful site!
DivemasterDennis

Back
Top Bottom