Buoyancy question for Ikelite housing and strobes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Narcd_dvr

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
Just bought the following rig, Canon G12, Ikelite housing, dome port, and 2 DS125 strobes. Can you please tell me how negatively buoyant this setup underwater? Thanks.

Enrique

I have used the Canon G11 with Ike port and two DS51 strobes. I never used any floats with this rig. It is negatively buoyant but it was no enough to be an issue. I am now shooting a DSLR with a DS160 and DS125 Ike Strobe. I use 4 floats with this outfit and it works fine. It is still negative but not so much so. I suppose I could add another couple of floats or maybe not. With your rig, I would just make a guess that it would be quite negative. I have the impression that the strobes are miniture anchors. In your situation, I would try some floats with it. My set of 4 cost a whole $32, so it is no big deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom