7 or 8 yr old sherwood blizzard ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flynfish816

Registered
Reaction score
I resently bought a 7 or 8 yr old blizzard. my question is is this still good for cold water diving? And can u still get parts for this reg being ass old as it is i dont have the modle number cuz i have not recieved it yet. Any help would be great
Thanks
Shane

8 years old and it will have the newer oval 2nd stages.....if it has round 2nd stages it is 15 to 30 years old.
Not that it matters as service kits for all Sherwood regs are available from the manufacturer (only one exception might be the Ultima 2nd stage).
Once serviced it will work as good as new including any cold water ability.

trying to post a pic but cant figure it out it is the round second stage but the guy told me it was 7 or 8 yrs old

Sherwood 1st stages will have the model # stamped on the side. Once you know the model # you can determine the age within a few years. I bought a new left over Brut as a backup reg for less than it cost to services my Apek reg. I like the positive pressure 1st stage. Even though it's not cold water rated it performs flawlessly in 37 degree water. You made a good purchase.

Bullet proof reg. Will last your grandkids a few years.
well if thats true i am 26 with a 2 year old son. so that being said this thing should last awhile great to know. i cant be to disapointed as i only paid 42 dallars for it shipped

Those older Sherwood circular body regulators are solid and very serviceable. I have owned several generations of Sherwood reg and those older ones breathed the best and were easiest to maintain. I have noticed them in use in Arctic dive videos in very extreme cold conditions.

Back
Top Bottom