cave maps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dhwelder92

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
where can you go on the internet and print off cave maps the website i found wont let you print off of there

While it may be possible to print cave maps from different web sites please think about the individuals or group of individuals who spent their own time, money and resources to explore and map out these systems.

While cave maps may seem expensive they are merely pennies on the dollars compared to what it cost to create them.

Please respect what those before you have done.

Tony Flaris
NACD 55

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?3ywo1y

You can find them on the internet...but the best and ethical thing is to buy printed copies. I really like to put them in a $20 frame, they look great on my wall!

What the others have said. Most are $20 to 25 and you avoid copyright issues. Just curious, what is your overhead training experience?

What the others have said. Most are $20 to 25 and you avoid copyright issues. Just curious, what is your overhead training experience?

While I appreciate frugality I also appreciate situational awareness and ethical behavior. Before I started my training and eventually earned full cave I wanted to try to learn any and all systems that I was likely to be taken into so as to avoid being tripped up by my instructor. I sought out and bought every cave system map that I could get my hands on and don't regret a single penny spent on a single one of them. And while I don't know the OP or his/her mindset but carbinsoniv may or may not have a legitimate beef/question. I can tell you the caves look nothing like the paper, and if your instructor wants to trip you up..... he will. But I will add there is nothing wrong with learning everything you can find about any system you intend to dive before you actually get there including local knowledge.... Not everything is on that map! Ask, find folks that have been there and dive with them when appropriate and pace yourself.... the caves will be there tomorrow..

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom