Advanced Diver Day at Lake Rawlings Scuba Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drewski

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi All:

Each year at the beginning of the east coast diving season, a few friends and I get together at Lake Rawlings, Virginia, to "work the bugs out" before heading offshore. This year, we decided to expand the event and invite others who might be interested in learning about advanced and technical diving or just getting wet. I'm posting this to Basic Scuba Discussions so more divers in the eastern United States can see it.

So, what's this about? Well, if you want to learn something about diving with doubles, sidemount diving, closed circuit rebreathers, decompression diving and even underwater scooters, this is a day for you. No, we don't work at or own dive shops. No, we aren't going to try and sell you anything. Yes, we are instructors and do offer training courses. BUT, on this day, we only want to provide recreational divers with the opportunity to "check stuff out" and TALK about advanced diving. And, NO, it won't cost you anything. Sure, you still need to bring your gear and pay Rawlings to get in the place and dive, but that's it. We are renting a shelter and will be cooking hamburgers and decodogs with all the fixings to feed the hungry.

This event is scheduled for Saturday, April 14th, beginning at 9:00 AM and ending at 6:00 PM. A Facebook event page providing complete information can be viewed by clicking on this link.

A video providing a preview of Lake Rawlings is linked below.

LET'S GO DIVING!

[vimeo]10196341[/vimeo]

Hello Drewski. Not to thread jack your topic but your timing is perfect. I live in Connecticut and will be in Richmond VA the weekend of May 19th. I really wanted to dive Lake Rawlings on the 19th. I have to drive to UVA for my nephews graduation on the 20th. Is there any groups that dive their regularly or individuals I could buddy up with that Saturday to dive? It will be my first time there and it would be great to hook up with some regulars to the site. Great offer on April 14th but that would be a difficult for me personally.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom