Can Lights: LED 15 vs LED 16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

decidedlyodd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've been looking at the Hollis canister lights available from a few different dealers. Some have the LED 16 while others have the LED 15. The Hollis site only lists the 15 so I'm assuming this is essentially the newer version of the same light. The 15 also seems to cost several hundred dollars less, has a slightly longer runtime and a slightly wider beam angle (8 vs 6).

Can anybody comment on any other differences between these two lights or confirm that the 15 has indeed replaced the 16?

Ones made by Light Monkey (LED 16) and the new one is supposedly a Oceanic/Hollis own brand...

So its basically the same thing as the 16 and the price probly went down because Light Monkey doesn't take a cut now.

From what I understand from reading online, the new canister is shorter, at 6inches tall now, and the light head is now made out of Delrin. EDIT: And yes after looking at my go to online retailer, it seems the price has dropped from 900 to 800.

Also, the 15 has a "soft Goodman handle". The 16 came with an aluminum Goodman handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the led15 today, waiting or delivery, wondering If I will be able to buy the sidemount lid separately.

I bought the led15 today, waiting or delivery, wondering If I will be able to buy the sidemount lid separately.
Contact Divegearexpress.com.....They're very good at customer service and answering Q's.......I wanted to know if the LM lid w/the recessed on/off switch [liked it better than the Hollis switch] was the same dia. as the new Hollis 15w...They answered right away.....All the people there are long time divers, so they can 'relate'........

I was told the the LED15 is made by Hollis and not LM. I have the LED16 and LM quoted me 125 for the sidemount lid and 50 inch cord. I have the standard cord and not near long enough to mount butt mount the battery.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom