Customer Question about Oceanic and my answer.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ti325v

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Con Dao Islands Vietnam. Owner of Dive ! Dive ! Di
# of dives
Hi Ron and Doug:
I just got off the phone with Ron. I wanted to share my experience with with Oceanic products.
I have a dive shop in the middle of NO WHERE.
Moving things into and out of the country for service is nightmarish, returned items that went out for service are subject to full import and VAT tax upon return here. You guys have graciously agreed to hold my serviced items until I can find somebody to hand carry them back to Vietnam from the USA.

I had a box full of Oceanic gear that needed to go back for service, I asked a customer to hand carry it back to the usa for me.
The customer is an ardent diver and a bit of a gear head.

She more then a little concerned about her intended future purchase of an atom 2 as there were 2 in the box of stuff going back.
I was very happy to explain to her that one of the atoms had about 3000 dives and the other about 1500, and that I am far from gentle on my gear.
I told her, as with anything there will be problems, but in my experience as a dive shop owner, Oceanic bends over backwards to insure that their customers are indeed 100% satisfied.
I showed her my oceanic islander with more then 3000 dives on it....of course it is grey from far too many pool sessions, more then a little frayed around the edges, but it still works and has never given me the least problem. She was impressed, knowing she would never possibly do 3000 dives in her lifetime.
This couple did about 40 dives with us and seemed to like me and respect my opinion.
When I expressed these feelings her concerns were allayed and I can confidently assure you that she will shortly be buying an atom 2.
Keep up the good work and it will be my absolute pleasure to continue to send business your way.
Larry
Dive Con Dao | Scuba Snorkeling Wreck Diving Vietnam

Back
Top Bottom