Lightin the load on my rig.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LakeCountyDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a SMS100 and dive with Worthington steel 95's and regs,reels,lights,(2)2lb trim weights. My problem is I am using about 90% of the lift capacity if that rig. Is there a way to make myself more buoyant in the water? I was thinking about adding a 7mm hooded vest as I still get cold in the FL springs... Would a DrySuit be the way to go?

I know Fabers are much lighter in the water and will eventually go that route but for now I am just looking for ideas.

Worthington or PST? I didn't know Worthington made 95s. Anyway, those are your problem. Even with a dry suit you will be heavy. The sooner you get a set of Fabers or some Worthington 85s, the sooner you'll fix the issue.

Thanks rob they are Worthington, but for the difference between the 2 sizes is only 3lbs a tank (sticking with worthingtons)... XS Scuba Worthington Steel Cylinder Specifications

Would that make that much a difference you think?

I will grab a set of Fabers as soon as I get the money or can sell these tanks.

That's 3lbs per cylinder plus about another lb if you're getting cave fills. So 85s will start off 8 lbs lighter than 95s. That's a significant amount of weight.

Back
Top Bottom