Hoping to find the joy in diving again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leejnd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello SoCal divers,

I've been AWOL from this forum for many months...and from diving, for that matter. I had a bad experience last July in Cozumel that sort of robbed all the joy out of diving for me - a really horrible dive that ended even more horribly when I lost my entire camera rig, which spiraled down into the depths and is now probably sitting somewhere at about 600fsw off the north coast of the island. Long story that I don't want to relive (too many sleepless nights spent reliving it already).

Anyway, I was so devastated (I'd JUST bought a second strobe for it, on top of all the money I had into it already, and of course it wasn't insured :shakehead:) that I just quit diving for a while. A LONG while.

Well, I recently decided...this is stupid. I LOVE to dive! And I love to take photos underwater (even though I suck at it). So I bit the bullet and just ordered a brand new camera rig - the whole thing, housing strobe fisheye lens etc. It should be here tomorrow. And I booked Peace for next Sunday. Hopefully the weather will improve by then! Plus we booked another Paul Gauguin cruise to French Polynesia for July where we'll get a bunch of dives in, so I need to get back in the water and polish my skills.

So how y'all been? :D How's the diving been around here?

Nice until a week ago!! prime huge vis, creatures of all kinds... a week ago the pacific says she wants to be left alone for a day or 2. the 17th of march she's making her point. things have been really nice!!

and as entangled as it may seem to be at times, always tie a lanyard around "anything" you care to keep, and secure it to some part of your gear, that is attached to you.

So how y'all been?
04.gif
How's the diving been around here?

that's what I like!

and as entangled as it may seem to be at times, always tie a lanyard around "anything" you care to keep, and secure it to some part of your gear, that is attached to you.

LOL - trust me, I had a leash on it. Loooong story how it ended up escaping the leash and zooming to the bottom.

Good to know the diving was good up until recently! Hopefully it will clear up again soon. I just looked at the extended forecast, tho...and it's showing rain for NEXT weekend as well. GREAT - now that I wanna get back into diving, the weather decides to throw me a curve ball!

Welcome back, LeeAnne!

Welcome back! I was on a break myself...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom