Carpooling from Chicago to High Springs March 30-ish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

T. Bix

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
[h=2]Carpooling from Chicago to High Springs March 30-ish[/h]
So with Diesel fuel prices going nuts I thought I'd toss this out there to see if we can get some divers to share the cost of a cave dive trip the first week of April. I can be as flexible as I need to be to make this work. So far my plans would be to leave northern Illinois around March 30th and return around April 7th or 8th. With all of the flooding and systems getting blown it seems like a bit of Ginnie diving for the week but again I am flexible. I have a one ton extended diesel van with a bed/bench in the back and "E" track along the sides to strap tanks to. We could drive my vehicle or yours it makes no difference to me. I can alter my route to meet up somewhere, transfer gear, and get the wheels rolling. PM me or just throw it back here..... Oh BTW OC BM, fairly new Full Cave.​

SSSOOOOO? nobody??? the boats aren't in the water yet up here in the Great Lakes...... Is everybody quarry diving for spring break?

Tim - the only thing flooded down here is Madison. I got a good dive in at Little River yesterday .. at least 40 feet of vis.

Hey T.Box, you might have missed this thread, but that's Megadive weekend a Ginnie Springs and of course you are invited to join in the merrymaking with the tribe of Scubaboarders. There will be plenty of folks of all levels of certification that you can buddy up with. Some will be going to other area dive sites/caves as well as diving at Ginnie. Here's the info:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/tr...rida/406171-spring-fools-megadive-2012-a.html

Thank You Jim, I'll deffinitely make LR if I get down there, I hope Madison opens back up soon as well.

Elena, You are right I completely missed that. I will not be able to leave until sometime Friday and driving solo I would only be alive enough to dive maybe late Saturday and Sunday. I have the whole week after that off and perhaps that is what is messing this up. Spring break schedules are all around that week but maybe everybody is spring breaking elsewhere.

If the unknown is what's keeping folks from stepping up I expect the fuel to cost no more than $550 total and if it helps I will cap whoever wants to ride along at half of that. Of course we will not split fuel cost until the point that whoever rides from... Food and lodging will be up to you but I plan to stay and eat cheap.

It looks like I'm headed down solo or not..... I'm looking for dive buddies on the 3rd, 4th, 5th, & maybe 6th. Anywhere in the Ginnie, Ft. White, Luraville area. Any of you midweek cave divers that want to do some diving?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom