New NAD Lad Lovin' Lembeh!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warmwater Wank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Woohoo, in the middle of a 2 wk stay at NAD in Lembeh for first time. Can't say enough good things about how Simon & Crew run this place. Too bad more resorts don't follow their approach. Friendly, flexible (it's "What do YOU want?" not "This is how we do it here"), excellent guides, good tank fills and well--it's Lembeh! Park your WA, rig for macro, you'll be stunned. Heck, you won't always even need macro--if you'll settle for fish swarms!

BanggaiCardinalFishsmcopy.jpg

Banggai Cardinal Fish

Whoops, breakfast calls then much more diving. If I become un-stunned when I get back I'll aim for a more proper review but it'll be more positive stuff I'm sure. This place is da schnitz... // ww

And the Internet connection is working? We were there a month ago, and it was giving us fits! Say hi to Simon and wife, Serge and Joni from the guy who took the shot of the mating wonderpus. I'm not even going to take a stab at the plural of that word.

HD--Internet is working reasonably well; I'm in the computer room now, downloading & transferring cards. Joni is our dive guide, will pass along the greetings. Rainy today but water is staying 82F. Finished an 85 minute dive at Nudi Falls for last dive today, every day is circus day here. Well, my transfers are done and a Bintang with a chilled glass await. Dwarf Cuttlefish from one of yesterday's dives. // ww

Dwafcuttlefishsm.jpg
Dwarf Cuttlefish

Love the dwarf cuttlefish picture!!!!!!!!! Amazing!
HD--Internet is working reasonably well; I'm in the computer room now, downloading & transferring cards. Joni is our dive guide, will pass along the greetings. Rainy today but water is staying 82F. Finished an 85 minute dive at Nudi Falls for last dive today, every day is circus day here. Well, my transfers are done and a Bintang with a chilled glass await. Dwarf Cuttlefish from one of yesterday's dives. // ww

Dwafcuttlefishsm.jpg
Dwarf Cuttlefish

Huh, what? Where's my paycheck?? Oh, right. Waking up on Lembeh still--that's good! Diving has been too much fun and the internet a bit spotty, great combo.

Mike, no one gets near the yellow excavator. I think Simon will be handing it down to Bella, their beautiful daughter. I bet there are more guest shots of her than anything else on Lembeh. Dom (Beddington?) got in yesterday & mentioned your name, but them almost everyone in this end of the world does. (Is Made still onboard? He was guiding on AA2 when we dove it Dec. 09) A new dock has been practically finished in the last 2 days. Folks here sure don't slack (unlike their guests).

Yesterday was quintessential muck diving, our great guide Jonnie finding things faster than our strobes could recycle. I'd post some more but for some reason my computer is a bit goofy & it has the trip shots so far. At least the resort Mac is working, so I can still rub it in. Well, what can I say? If you've done any homework & Lembeh is on your list I would certainly say stay at NAD, especially if you are a photog type. Yeah, Simon won't let you use the excavator but anything else is available.

Ah, b'fast calls then our last 2 dives. Won't matter where, there will be cool stuff. The only real problem has been I am overheating the hinges on my dual Sub-See setup! Time to make bubbles... // ww

I think Made is still onboard the Damai 2. He was ( and I am sure still is) one of the BEST guides we have ever had the pleasure of diving with!
Huh, what? Where's my paycheck?? Oh, right. Waking up on Lembeh still--that's good! Diving has been too much fun and the internet a bit spotty, great combo.

Mike, no one gets near the yellow excavator. I think Simon will be handing it down to Bella, their beautiful daughter. I bet there are more guest shots of her than anything else on Lembeh. Dom (Beddington?) got in yesterday & mentioned your name, but them almost everyone in this end of the world does. (Is Made still onboard? He was guiding on AA2 when we dove it Dec. 09) A new dock has been practically finished in the last 2 days. Folks here sure don't slack (unlike their guests).

Yesterday was quintessential muck diving, our great guide Jonnie finding things faster than our strobes could recycle. I'd post some more but for some reason my computer is a bit goofy & it has the trip shots so far. At least the resort Mac is working, so I can still rub it in. Well, what can I say? If you've done any homework & Lembeh is on your list I would certainly say stay at NAD, especially if you are a photog type. Yeah, Simon won't let you use the excavator but anything else is available.

Ah, b'fast calls then our last 2 dives. Won't matter where, there will be cool stuff. The only real problem has been I am overheating the hinges on my dual Sub-See setup! Time to make bubbles... // ww

Hi, what flights did you take to get to Manado? I'm in Seattle and need to make up my mind on whether to go to the Philippines or Lembeh. The cheapest option seems to be thru Bali but how to get from there to Manado - looking at Lion Air for $127 or Garuda which on Kayak is $752? It's on my bucket list. I'm pretty much sold on NAD as I have met both Mike and Simon on one occation while visiting Anilao, Philippines.

thanks, Jason.

Jason,
I took Garuda but had the resort I stayed at book the flight for us so it was cheaper than kayak. Lion on the way back. Lion is more like Southwest and Garuda more like United. Both were relatively cheap. Either way you I had to get the resort to book it for me since Indonesia has some strange thing of having to book flights within Indonesia. Have fun Lembeh is amazing. Can't wait to go back!

China Airlines from the US to Jakarta (CGK) is the lowest cost option.

EVA Airlines from Seattle to Jakarta has a great itinerary for a few hundred dollars more. EVA is one of my favorite carriers to fly long hauls on.
From Jakarta to Manado the best options are: Garuda or Lion Air

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom