Farting in the big bathtub

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The latter. Your farts aren't a certain size....they're a certain quantity of gas (mostly methane). You fart a tiny bubble that grows.

I don't have the requisite PADI card for this (yet) so I am really hesitant to offer and opinion. I will defer to those with the proper certification and experience.

When we fart at depth, do we release the normal volume of gas resulting in giant bubbles by the time it reaches the surface - or is our gas already compressed, letting out tiny farts that reach normal size at the surface?

:idk::dork2:
What I suggest is..

Be at depth, find a boat thats anchored/drifting above you and let one rip and observe the results.
Most likely case, its a pretty small bubble, best case (or worst for those on the boat) its a giant bubble releasing its less than brilliant odor upon them >:->

What I suggest is..

Be at depth, find a boat thats anchored/drifting above you and let one rip and observe the results.
Most likely case, its a pretty small bubble, best case (or worst for those on the boat) its a giant bubble releasing its less than brilliant odor upon them >:->

With sufficient volume released at depth you may sink the boat above. Boats don't float on bubbles, methane or otherwise. Be careful. :D

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Where's the "nominate" button?

Thanks for the laugh.

Reactions: Jax
If you really enjoy a good rip, eat some gassy food in the early am.....oatmeal with a lot of milk does it for me...or banana shakes with raw eggs and a lot of milk.....Anyway, if you have the urge to pass while at depth, hold it. When you finally surface you can let go the length of the Star Spangled Banner. There's only one thing better than that.....

With sufficient volume released at depth you may sink the boat above. Boats don't float on bubbles, methane or otherwise. Be careful. :D

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Where's the "nominate" button?

Methane gas released from the bottom are one the theories out there with respect to ships lost in the so called Bermuda Triangle.

On another note; how is it that there are this many views and replies to thread which has farting in the title.

Methane gas released from the bottom are one the theories out there with respect to ships lost in the so called Bermuda Triangle.

On another note; how is it that there are this many views and replies to thread which has farting in the title.

Well, duh ... divers are a bunch of kids that enjoy fun, sun, farts and alcohol.... after diving is done. Look around. See any adults here?

:ijs:

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

John, don't get too close to the camp fire next week :D :D :D

I'm sitting up wind from you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom