Which iPhone app do you use for logging dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like being able to see the date/time of dive, dive profile (visual chart of depth vs. time), comments, and other relevant info (gas used, dive type, etc.) on my iPhone divelog. I don't know of any software-hardware solutions that allow direct download from a dive computer to an iPhone.

Here's the system I use:
1. Download the profile from my dive computer to my Mac using MacDive software.
2. Fill in all of the data/comment fields in MacDive.
3. Use Dive Log Manager to convert the MacDive database into a format usable by the Dive Log iPhone app.
4. Upload the converted database file to my iPhone.
FWIW, I only do Steps #3 and #4 once every few months.

Essentially, this is a one-way flow of divelogging info from the Mac to the iPhone. I don't modify the info once it's on the iPhone -- it's read-only.
The system does work for me, though. Whenever I have my iPhone, I have access to info from the vast majority of my dives (except for the latest ones).

Hope this helps...

Dive log is awesome especially with its sync features and the pc version is quite customizable for its interface and printouts.

In terms of looks, I think dive buddy pro has the best interface for iPad, not sure about iPhone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Definitely Dive Log - It pairs up with the Dive Log 5 application for windows / mac. It is incredible in the detail. You can configure it in any way you want. The developer is always open to enhancements and always working to make it better. It's the best.

Exactly the same as BubbleTrubble. Download to MacDive --> Upload to Dive Log

I use divelogbook by DNA blue

thanks for the responses guys - will take a look.

I've an old viper computer, would be great if I could import the dive profiles into the app without too much hassle.

What about sharing/publishing data with buddies/friends? I'm currently diving alone travelling.

dive log is the way to go.
it works for the touch as well. my ten year old uses it for his dives.
it has gps and everything you need with an electronic sign for instructors/ friends.
it's awesome.

use the app bump Andy transfer things for one device to the next. I.e. pictures , contacts, info what ever.

+1 on dive log manager with MacDive

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

I tried Dive Buddy pro on my ipad but was less than impressed. Mainly because you cant do anything with it outside of the ipad. Now I use Mac-Dive on my laptop with Dive Log on my iphone. Its perfect!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom