Competition in the CO Analyzer Market?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TomZ

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Found this offering today:

BFS: OxyCheq Expedition Carbon Monoxide Analyzer [OA-01-05] - $319.00 : Cave Adventurers!, We will NOT be undersold!!!

May be old news, my apologies if so. The side by side comparison between the Oxycheq and the Analox is interesting...

f5f76e10860ef26ad3da562605f6801d.image.160x160.jpg

Nice find on a good price. :thumb: I might disagree with some of the comparisons, but I'm sure it's a good product. The Anaolox CO sensor is warranted for 2 years - expect to last longer for non-commercial use, the bump test gas is not needed, and I can find much better prices on the Analox sensor replacement - altho no one should need one for another year or more. I wonder where they got $80 for the optional bump gas since it's commonly sold for $25? The Oxycheck CO analyzer is essentially the same as the C-Squared that Analox sold at first while developing their own - C-Squared Inc - Gas Analyzers - but that's still a good option at a nice price reduction.

Last edited:
The side by side comparison between the Oxycheq and the Analox is interesting...
And unfortunately not a very realistic comparison, but why would anyone take advertising at face value?

The only downfall to the Oxycheq is it doesn't have the ability to control a relay for those that want to shut down a compressor. Otherwise it sounds like a nice device for the average diver wanting to quickly test for CO. Super easy test too since it comes with the BC connector.

Many of your favorite stores are offering the same pricing.

I have the OxyCheq O2 analyzer and find it to be very nice quality. It has been going strong for 9 years now. I would not expect this to be any different. Now I just need to make one my next purchase.

Shouldn't this be in another sub forum?

Yes, I've already asked for it to be moved to Basic Scuba Discussion

The Analox CO sensor can be replaced for $166 through Analox, and I hear the price is going down.

Just a small off-topic question...so for the Analox CO analyzer, the bump gas is not necessary? Can I just expose the analyzer to just regular environmental air to calibrate it at zero?

I guess that air quality is different between locations, but the bump gas is set at a certain level, so if you're unsure of your environmental air quality, the bump gas is useful.

Just a small off-topic question...so for the Analox CO analyzer, the bump gas is not necessary? Can I just expose the analyzer to just regular environmental air to calibrate it at zero?

I guess that air quality is different between locations, but the bump gas is set at a certain level, so if you're unsure of your environmental air quality, the bump gas is useful.
Yep, I do like to calibrate and test before the boat motor is started, especially in one with a cabin that could produce a station wagon effect moving. My fav Cozumel dive shop is on the inland side of a busy front street so I really do not want to calibrate there.

On the other hand, I really don't want to mess with the bump gas can, especially not in a dive bag - and some airline prohibit aeresol cans of any kind. Still, you idea has merit.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom