Aeris Manta doesn't download dive details

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spoolin01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My Manta has stopped downloading the profile details for each dive. The dive and main details (bottom time, max depth, etc.) still download, but the details page either says there are none, or it shows a few minutes of nonsense dive data, always very shallow.

Has anyone else seen this with the Manta or Geo?

My issues were a bit different than yours, didn't want to download anything. several post mentioned low battery being a problem, replaced mine and download problems went away. Might be worth a couple of bucks to try.

In the interim, I sent the watch back to Aeris, and now I'm not quite sure what the problem was in March.

At that time, the battery had been replaced 6 mos earlier at Aeris, as a part of the 'hardware fix' to the battery drain problem that plagued Aeris and Oceanic for many years. They also did a nice job of sprucing up the exterior, in the process - it came back looking nearly new. I contacted them about the download issue and they had me try reinstalling the dive log software, to no avail. At that time, it wasn't downloading properly to either a new Win7 netbook, or the P4 XP_Pro machine that I had downloaded to for years. The repair guy said it might be the 'download chip'.

For the repair fee, I got what appears to be a new dive watch, with a year's warranty attendant to the repair fee. They didn't give me any diagnostic details about the old watch. This one downloads fine - the couple of times I've tried it - to the XP box, but the symptoms on the Win7 netbook are almost identical - the dive instances appear to download fine, with the aggregated data (duration, temp, max depth, etc.), but the profile details are missing for many, though not all, of the dives. I don't know what to make of that, and it's a disappointment not to be able to download to my travel PC, but I have a nice new watch that may promise to provide a few more years of core service.

I am slightly cynically awaiting the performance following the first battery replacement, which shouldn't come until after the warranty expires.

I have a similar problem with an Elite T3. I just came back from diving and it will only download 4 of 9 dives. I have emailed Aeris, and am awaiting feedback. Maybe someone here has a solution.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom