Non - Mustache Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mmcdanie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Been making it a point to shave under the nose before a dive, but this weekend I had about a 48 hour stubble under the nose and man did I pay for it. Leak Leak Leak, very annoying. Anyways, just curious about other's shaving procedures or lack of, before a dive.
Thanks

PS Razor is going in the dive bag.

Always keep a razor handy in my bag...
On diving vacations, it's easy to forget to shave in the mornings, so when I finally remember on the boat, I'm ready>

I usually trim mine down before diving. Some masks have been better than others with the mustache.

At this point, after all these years,
Just one of those things you deal with on a subconscious level....

IMG_4516_2.jpg

I won't usually shave during a week of diving so by about the 3rd or 4th day this seems to work:

300.jpg

Shave the night before, the morning of or just deal with it is what I do. It is on my list of things to do on prepping for my dives though.

whats a razor?

I have never really hadmuch trouble in this area

I'm a female, but several of my male buddies use the silicon grease. Innovative Scuba has a small jar (lid is about the size of a quarter) that is a handy size for your gear bag.

When i go on vacation i generally don't shave.....i notice as i go through the week the leaks just get progressively worse.....but I deal with it, id rather clear my mask a few extra times then to shave in the morning on vacation haha

Back
Top Bottom