Uwatec Smart Com dive computer - opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking at a used Uwatec (scubapro) Smart Com console dive computer. It is 8 years old and fairly scuffed, especially around the the top of the console. The battery is fresh, and as far as I have tested, the unit is fully functional. This computer sold for around $1000 when new. The asking price is $500. I am thinking that this is too high a price for a used and discontinued model. Any other opinions?

Thanks.

Thanks, that's what I thought. Actually, the Aladin 2G is one of the alternatives that I've been looking at.

Thanks, that's what I thought. Actually, the Aladin 2G is one of the alternatives that I've been looking at.

The neat thing about the $249.99 console, is that the TEC 2G is not that old. It's just the previous model. And, should you choose to go wrist, you just pop out the puck and get a DSS bungie mount. That's a damn fine setup for that price! :thumb:

The Smart Com also has a problem with hose failure and they are expensive to replace.

FWIW I have a Tech 2G which is the same as the Aladin 2G in a bungee mount, and it has served me well. No need for anything more.

I would pass on any eight year old computer. Like others have said, I am sure you can find a new one for close to that price.

I'll sell you one in very good condition with a new battery for 300 dollhairs. 2 hoses, too. And a little case to put it in. And a compass!

Can't beat that with a stick!

look at the XP-H from subgear it is the new hose-integrated copmuter from the folks at johnson outdoors

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom