Candidasa, Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

timetraveler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We're in Candidasa, Bali recovering from jetlag and looking for a dive op. The one connected with our hotel (Royal Bali Beach Club) is unknown to us and doesn't even seem to have a name. Two other possiblilties are Divelite and "Yes Dive". Does anyone know about these dive ops? Can anyone recommend another in the area?

Usually I rely on the PADI website, but it lists only two ops in the area. One I haven't found yet and the other is out of business. Divelite and Yes Dive both claim to be PADI.

We're in Candidasa, Bali recovering from jetlag and looking for a dive op. The one connected with our hotel (Royal Bali Beach Club) is unknown to us and doesn't even seem to have a name. Two other possiblilties are Divelite and "Yes Dive". Does anyone know about these dive ops? Can anyone recommend another in the area?

Timetraveler -
I do not know anything about Divelite or Yes Dive, but if you are looking for a good dive op in Candidasa I can comment on the one my wife and I used. Gangga Divers operates a shop out of Lutus Bungalos. We had a great time with Gangga! Small dive groups and comfortable fast boats. We dived all over the east end of the island, including Tulamben and Manta Point.

If you find yourself looking for a dive op, give them a gander: Scuba Diving Bali with Gangga Divers at Lotus Bungalows Candi Dasa, Bali

I'd tend to agree with above, Gangga divers is the sister diveshop to Gangga island divers in N/Sulawesi who provide the best quality service I have ever experienced for a dive centre. I believe their sistershop in Bali is treading the same customer oriented path.
At least that's the philosophy they advertize for all Gangga divers.

We too have stayed at Lotus Bungalows Resort and dove with Gangga divers. They were EXCELLENT in every way. Check them out at the Resort as the dive shop is right on the grounds. We dove all over the place with them including Tulamben, Manta Point, etc. Jan and Henri are the managers of both the resort and the dive shop! Have fun!

Usually I rely on the PADI website, but it lists only two ops in the area. One I haven't found yet and the other is out of business. Divelite and Yes Dive both claim to be PADI.

I have not gone diving with Gangga divers but I dove in Raja Ampat with Jan and Henri. They were absolutely the best dive companions anyone could ask for so I have no doubt that the operation that they run is top notch. If I were diving on Bali, I'd dive with them for sure.

I agree!!! Top Notch for sure!!!!!!!!!!!
I have not gone diving with Gangga divers but I dove in Raja Ampat with Jan and Henri. They were absolutely the best dive companions anyone could ask for so I have no doubt that the operation that they run is top notch. If I were diving on Bali, I'd dive with them for sure.

Thank you all for your recommendations. Our resort is only about 5 minutes by car from Lotus Bungalows. Jan came here to explain Gangga Divers' program to us and they were willing to provide transportation from/to our resort. We signed up with them for a dive package and made our first dive trip yesterday. We are very happy with Gangga Divers :)

Back
Top Bottom