Suunto Zoop alternatives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppatin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking to buy my first dive computer and so far it seems like the Suunto Zoop is the best entry level choice. It's wrist-mounted & does nitrox which are really the only features that I need. I'd prefer something smaller that I could wear like a wrist watch for my whole trip but those sorts of computers seem to cost significantly more.

Before I go ahead & order it I was wondering if there were other good alternatives in the same price range. I've heard the Mares Puck being recommended but the consensus seems to be that the Zoop is a better choice. Any differing thoughts or other suggested alternatives?

I had the puck and the Gekko (the original Zoop). I didnt like the puck it just didnt seem like it was built very well. The Gekko was a good computer and I used it for my first few hundred dives. I would recommend it.

I owned a Gekko (Zoop) for a few years, until I lost it, and liked it a lot. Very simple to use, very reliable, user replaceable batteries and DSS make a bungee mount for it which makes donning and doffing a breeze. My eyes are not what they used to be and I find watch sized comps, which I've owned, too small. I too would recommend the Gekko (Zoop).

Back
Top Bottom