Staging a 19cuft pony

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dantfarley

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a 19cuft pony that I plan to sling when I dive this season just need some advice as to how/what I need to keep my second stage close to the bottle - ie- a strap, piece of rubber.

Thanks

DIY it's cheaper.

stagebottle rigging

I use Bungees to hold the 2nd stage in place, in this picture it has slipped down but I insure it is at the top of the pony while I dive

P7090229.jpg

Bob
-------------------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

Last edited:
I have two bungees around mine. One keeps the second stage at the top, the other keeps the hose out of the way.

I have two bungees around mine. One keeps the second stage at the top, the other keeps the hose out of the way.

I do that with mine as well, looks like they both got bunched in the middle for some reason. Because of that I later tied them off to the strap to keep them in place, it's an older picture 'cause I try to use my gear rather than take pictures of it.

Bob
-----------------------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

I do that with mine as well, looks like they both got bunched in the middle for some reason.
Mine have done that at times.

Because of that I later tied them off to the strap to keep them in place...
Nice idea. I'll have to look into it after hydro coming up soon.

I'm new to ponies but I'm going to use bungee for the hose and a silicone octo keeper on the neck. I figure that will tame the second stage.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Go to a tyre (sorry, tire) dealer and get an old truck inner tube. Cut into pieces about 25 mm (1 inch) wide and use this. Works a treat, is free and you can afford to use for many things.

Go to a tyre (sorry, tire) dealer and get an old truck inner tube. Cut into pieces about 25 mm (1 inch) wide and use this. Works a treat, is free and you can afford to use for many things.

If you go that route, attach pull tabs to it so you van use it easier. Cut and glue a folded tab of inner tube material on it....

Back
Top Bottom