Our first vid... Shaws 3 min.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keithbt

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Our first time using the new gopro h2 camera. Starring ScubaNoey. Original lens with head strap...upgrades to come.....we're just learning the video thing...I like the idea of straping on and forgetting about it but the footage is shaky and off a little... Shaws 3-24-12 keith, shenoa.wmv - YouTube=

A flat lens will make a huge improvement in that video...I think that is not bad for the first time using the GP camera. When I use the head mount, it is very tough to get smooth shots that extend for more than a few seconds. You have to remember that you have the camera on and move like a zombie the whole time.

Also, the camera needs to be tilted down more than you would think... whatever the heck that means...LOL...We don't realize it too much when diving, but we are almost always looking down rather than ahead, so in order to film more of what you are looking at, you have to angle the camera down. If you want to film something in your hands or 2-3 feet away, it helps to adjust the camera down even furter, but then you have to remember to toggle it back up a little when you are done with the close up.

I've been using the new MAKO lens with the GoPro Hero2 and have been happy with 1080 in the medium width setting.

With a flat lens and a little more practice, your videos will change dramatically.

One last thing, hand holding the camera is MUCH easier to get better, more stable, more controlled video.

Last edited:
Thank you for you advice...checkout my tray I made ...check out videography...blog..show me you mount...I saw your comments there...and nice vid of your son and you blowing the o ring on your pony....I think we liked your son protecting you from the big bad eel better...(and you screams were hilarious)

Thank you for you advice...checkout my tray I made ...check out videography...blog..show me you mount...I saw your comments there...and nice vid of your son and you blowing the o ring on your pony....I think we liked your son protecting you from the big bad eel better...(and you screams were hilarious)

I talk funny...? Do I amuse you?

[video=youtube_share;IWINtUCshxY]http://youtu.be/IWINtUCshxY[/video]

:rofl:!! This is one of my favorite movie scenes. Thanks for the advice to help us grow our videography skills.

Back
Top Bottom