Cost of becoming a dive master

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ling

Reaction score
Hi i just got my OWDC and i m planing to become a dive master then instructor.Was just wondering if anyone is aware of the cost???

I was charged $500 for the instruction. Materials were not included.

To go from OW to divemaster you have to complete the AOW, Rescue and DM courses. You also need to log 60 dives by the end of the DM course (more would be better). Plus you'll probably want to have your own dive gear and you'll need some PADI materials.

I estimate I've spent around S$25,000 going from complete beginner to instructor (as of four days ago!). Then again, I've done a lot more than the minimum number of dives required.

You'll have some great experiences along the way :)

Z

I charge $550.00 for divemaster and that includes your books.

I have some competition as everyone does that charges considerably less.

Just remember...You'll always get what you pay for in the SCUBA industry.

Have fun with it all and good luck to you.

The cost was right at $500, but then there are the materials and the registration at the end. Also, you have to factor in the costs of the dive weekends while you're interning.

But, I think it was a great course and I had a great instructor. My diving improved tremendously doing the course.

Like zept pointed out - you have several more courses to do before the DM. The AOW should cost you something around US$ 200 (depending on where you do it), the Rescue Course something like $ 350, plus 100 for the Medic First Aid.
And I strongly agree that you should have lot more dives logged than the required 60.

And it shouldn't be. Above, several people posted you approximate costs that are pretty accurate.

So, you've just finished your OW class, and, have decided you want to become a DM then Instructor. Can you tell me why? I'm curious.

ling once bubbled...
Hi i just got my OWDC and i m planing to become a dive master then instructor.Was just wondering if anyone is aware of the cost???

Ever had something which you wanted to do since young.Well i finally plucked up enough courage to go do my open water in Krabi in Aug and since that dive(my instructor was great) i knew that this was something i want to do for the rest of my life and i'm really lucky i have the support of my parents to go do it so here i am.I'll be flying to krabi on 15m dec to go do it.

I can understand wanting to be a diver since you were really young, I can relate completely, watching Seahunt, bit me good, watching Jaques go around the world in all his UW adventures did the same thing. But what I really wanted to know is this, you've just became a diver, great! I think that's awesome, but, at what point did you decide you wanted to TEACH scuba and why?

I hope you're not offended at the question, I'm insatiably curious.

i had a really wonderful instructor and i really enjoyed diving.I know it's a big decision and i have spoken to my instructor before i decided to do it.What i will actually be doing is becoming a dive master first and assist my instructor until i feel i am ready to become a diving instructor.:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom