Sunday Catalina Dive Trip Buddy Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cwhite6

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Anyone wanna join me on the Sundiver Express this Sunday (April 8th) for a three tank dive? I am debating hiring a guide, but I would love to dive with a fellow SB member instead. Boat leaves at 7am and cost is $100.

There are usually always fellow divers on the Express willing to meet a new dive buddy. We've always found everyone to be very friendly.
Have a great time!!

Wish I could go on sunday, but have time only for a single tank shore dive in the morning.
You won't have any trouble finding someone to dive with, sundiver express has a good crew and captain.

There was a group of divers called 80 Proof I believe that chartered half the boat. Apparently they bailed out of it. I hired Julie to be a DG for me. I hear she is awesome.

There was a group of divers called 80 Proof I believe that chartered half the boat. Apparently they bailed out of it. I hired Julie to be a DG for me. I hear she is awesome.

Love the group's name! How much is a local DG if you don't mind me askin'?

---------- Post added April 5th, 2012 at 07:38 AM ----------

Wish I could go on sunday, but have time only for a single tank shore dive in the morning.
You won't have any trouble finding someone to dive with, sundiver express has a good crew and captain.

Remember Blue, "Vets" Park will be a Zoo with "Easter in the Park" Sunrise Service (of course you're welcome to attend) an' OML will have an extra large crowd of "after Easter Sunrise Service" Brunchers, I think it's only about $80, Haa!

Be Safe Out There!

What the hell, I haven't planned on diving this Sunday, but I'll go.

cwhite6,

PM me, let's talk about our plan.

Love the group's name! How much is a local DG if you don't mind me askin'?

---------- Post added April 5th, 2012 at 07:38 AM ----------

Remember Blue, "Vets" Park will be a Zoo with "Easter in the Park" Sunrise Service (of course you're welcome to attend) an' OML will have an extra large crowd of "after Easter Sunrise Service" Brunchers, I think it's only about $80, Haa!

Be Safe Out There!

Sundiver charges $100. I have seen other boats that charge around $80. Being a new diver and overly cautious, the money is worth the piece of mind to me.

Be Safe Out There![/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up, I was going to do the Sunday service with Rev AL at OML.

---------- Post added April 5th, 2012 at 09:06 AM ----------

Sundiver charges $100. I have seen other boats that charge around $80. Being a new diver and overly cautious, the money is worth the piece of mind to me.
100 is a good price, express is a fast boat, no bunks.
If you are going to dive with HT, no need to hire a DG.
So far the weather is looking good for the weekend, don't know about the VIS though.

Make sure you tell Jules that Mike L (from Sharkys) suggested them. 100 more referrals and I get a free air fill! :D (J/K). Jules is great in the water and you WILL have fun.

Good Plan, Jules knows the dive sites and is full of life. Take a camera for both above & below. Plenty to see on the way over & back. Rent an UW camera if you don't have one. You will be glad you did.

Good Divin
SoCalRich

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom