Uemis Zurich vs. Hollis DG05 vs. Shearwater Predator

Which Computer would you buy if money was NOT an option?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

38thParallelDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
First of all I must state that I am just beginning to gain interest in tech. I am looking to upgrade from my Oceanic OC1 for obvious reasons. Can anyone provide me information on which one is preferred? I am not concerned as much with price as I am in purchasing a computer that I won't have to replace due to lack of features and options. Right now I am not using a CCR but I might in the future.

I absolutely love the air integration and OLED is a must. I primarily dive in South Korea, but do travel throughout the region. The viz in South Korea isn't always good so a bight screen is a must.

Please do not tell me about tables and everything else, I understand that the fundamentals are CRITICAL, however I am still interested in purchasing a computer and that type of reply will offer me no assistance.

Air integration and Tech do not mix.

When you get away from air integration go for a Shearwater Predator.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Air integration and Tech do not mix.

When you get away from air integration go for a Shearwater Predator.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I understand this, however the option for non-tech dives would be very nice. do you have any experience with the DG05 or only the Shearwater?

---------- Post added April 4th, 2012 at 11:32 AM ----------

Unless you have some new info, the Uemis is a dead product as the company went bankrupt.

Thanks, I had no idea they went bankrupt... I just saw that they made editor's choice for Scuba UK (I believe). Do you happen to have any suggestions between the Predator and DG05?

I understand this, however the option for non-tech dives would be very nice. do you have any experience with the DG05 or only the Shearwater?

---------- Post added April 4th, 2012 at 11:32 AM ----------

Thanks, I had no idea they went bankrupt... I just saw that they made editor's choice for Scuba UK (I believe). Do you happen to have any suggestions between the Predator and DG05?

Sorry I'm not a tech diver and not directly familiar with these two. The DG05 is the only computer I'm aware of that has both OLED and wireless air integration, so it looks the most interesting from that point of view. Have you been able to play with one in a shop? It looks like a new product and my not have any user reviews yet.

Unfortunately I am working in South Korea and there are not very many demo models available anywhere because the luxury tax on these items is often nearing 100%. I know that most tech divers swear by the Shearwater Predator, and I realize that air integration is not typically desired by technical divers (not speaking for all but based on what I have read from all the other posts and responses), One benefit for me is that I already own an Oceanic OC1 that has a compatible transmitter with the DG05 (this would save me between 200-400 dollars). I hope someone can post that has held or better yet used the DG05, being so new I may have to wait a bit...

we have both the Predator and the DG05 in the office.
The online class for the Predator is done and the one for the DG05 will be soon :wink:

dg05_20020210.jpg

Alberto (aka eDiver)

It's a no brainer!!! Get the Shearwater

I thought that Uemis was out of business (making support for the Zurich difficult). The Hollis is a relatively new computer. The Shearwater is a tried and tested computer that will do anything you can reasonably expect to do. I wouldn't think twice about rebuying my Predators. Top notch service and a very solid product.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom