Halcyon Halo sidemount configuration?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luc Sergerie

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hi guys

I did my sidemount configuration using first stage H50D, ( because i do ice diving in winter ) but now i am thinking of using the H75P for better routing
of the hose, anyone have experience with them ? maybe a picture ?

Thank you

---------- Post added April 4th, 2012 at 08:13 AM ----------

I guess the Halcyon Reg are not so popular after all..lol

OK , I think you would be better off asking if the Scubapro MK25 (Halcyon H75P) or the Scubapro MK17 (Halcyon H50D) has better routing. The standard for backgas routing has always had the MK25 (H75P) a little better than the MK17 (H50D). I know there are a lot of people that will swear the the MK17 is better in cold water. I haven't had any freezing problems with my MK25's since I got them. I dive under the ice with them and so do most of my buddies. Browse down to the regualtor portion of this link and you will see. Equipment Configuration | Global Underwater Explorers

Jim

Not sure these help....

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1333582160737.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333582160737.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 333
  • uploadfromtaptalk1333582175979.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333582175979.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 261
I just cannot get comfortable with first stages without swivels in my sidemount configuration. If you found non-swivels workable, then they are for you.

I fold the hoses down using the swivels for better transportation of the setups. The fixed first stages require depressurization to fold down the hoses. I tend to have a bunch of tanks in the water, and have to depressurize to swivels them into ready position is uncomfortable for me.

Completely apart from that practical stowing question, I am simply more comfortable the the swivels ability to swivel when the tank moves. I always feel a pull from the fixed position first stages when the tanks are actually mounted, which I never feel with the swivel first stages.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom