Corrugated Hose size ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WelshGasman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

My Buddy Commando Profile jacket has given up the ghost after many years of faithful service. Repair is not cost effective according to AP valves.

I had to borrow a Mares jacket when mine leaked last trip and am looking to get one of those due to cost reasons.

I would however like to transfer over my AutoAir to the new jacket. I know the air connector is non standard as far as most air connectors go, but I already have that lead. Does anyone know if the corrugated hoses are the same sizes between manufacturers.?

TIA

The diameter on many of these seem to be the same but I had a problem once with a corrugated hose with
the depth of the part that the inflator fits into. This can be important as the hose should go over any ridges
on the inflator to remain secure. I was working with an old dacor bc and trying to put a new inflator on the old
hose and ran into this problem, diameter was fine the recess was not deep enough to allow the inflator to
go on far enough.

Thanks for that, there is some chance then. :D

The diameter on many of these seem to be the same but I had a problem once with a corrugated hose with
the depth of the part that the inflator fits into. This can be important as the hose should go over any ridges
on the inflator to remain secure. I was working with an old dacor bc and trying to put a new inflator on the old
hose and ran into this problem, diameter was fine the recess was not deep enough to allow the inflator to
go on far enough.

Back
Top Bottom