Zeagle ET bladder/wing replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nflor001

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I want to replace my 24# bladder with a donut. Do I have to use the zeagle donut or can I use a different manufacturer like hog or oxycheq which is less expensive?

Im also confused with the difference between a bladder and a wing. I assume a bladder goes inside a wing. So if I buy a new wing do I also need to buy a new bladder?

The HOG would likely work fine as it has the big long tank band slots and wider spacing like the Zeagle. I don't know about the Oxycheq as it has a very narrow center panel and i don't know if will work with the ET's tank band mounting style.)

Out of curiosity why do you feel you need a donut wing?

I don't know if this is an official distinction but I would define the wing as the complete unit where the bladder is "just" the part that hold air. So the 24 and 35 lb bladders for the ET are both the bladder AND wing where the 30 lb wing has an inner bladder and an outer shell that together constitute the wing. (on a side note i never thought I'd use "bladder" so many times in one place)

Why do I need a donut wing? Just to be cool and I really like the camouflage oxycheq wing. Seriously though, I've been diving my 24# wing, with a dry suit and so far been ok. I plan on doing colder water and would need more insulation and therefore need a bigger wing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom