Want to learn how to repair Mako's and Apollo's in Ft. Lauderdale area.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MitchFtLaud

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a fleet of DPV's that I use mostly for a charitable project helping out our wounded veterans who are using SCUBA as part of their recovery. I support groups like Divers for Heroes, Wounder Warriers, etc. For some of our disabled veterans, a DPV is the only realistic option of going out to the reefs and wrecks here, for the rest it's a lot of fun, and frankly they've erned it.

I now have a dozen DPV's from a variety of vendors and need to be able to maintain them. DPV repair is great, but paying shipping twice when I know all I need is a new reed switch is going to add up fast.

Anyway, I live in Plantation (Greater Ft. Lauderdale) area and am hoping to find someone local with experience to walk me through my first rebuild. Im a technical guy and 98% sure I could wing it, but I'd be a fool not get some help if anyone is willing to offer it. I don't need to become an expert and already can diagnose what parts need to be fixed. Mainly I just want to know how to reassemble and vac test.

So if there is anyone local, profesional or just experienced who is willing to help out, please let me know. I'm not looking for a free ride, I'll be happy to pay for a lesson.

Thanks,
Mitch

I can't help you in regards to your request, but I am a veteran who lives in Coral Springs who would be interested in helping you in regards to the work you do WITH veterans. If I'm available I'd be more than happy to help you with guides/logistics/etc. PM me anytime.

Hi Mitch

Im a long way away in Seattle, but we are fairly familiar with the Oceanic style backend, you are welcome to call anytime with questions, we also have a full online workshop on the backend here Dive Xtras Annual service

We also have some parts that fit the Oceanic if you cant find what you need.

Thank you all, this helps.

Tony, or any other local veterans who wish to help out, please take a look at "Divers for Heroes" They are northern Florida, but the only group in Florida that I am aware of doing anything on any consistant basis. Bo and his wife Debbie are the heart of that opperation and you should talk to them about what they need and if you are a good fit.

First thanks for what you are doing. Second,I know of three places in So Florida that work on AV1s and also have some parts.The first is Force E in Royal Palm Beach and the other two are individuals. If you email me I'll give you their info. finnfanrm@yahoo.com . Thirdly I have two AV 1s and a lot of dive buddys who also have them . We cant go to northern Florida but we would be more than happy to help in any way.

Regards Richard

Back
Top Bottom