Razor Harness and UTD wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a878bob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am really excited to get into sidemount and have been looking at alot of rigs. I really like the simplicity of the the Razor and UTD harness over the Nomad, Hollis, etc. My diving is usually cold water, Great Lakes, wrecks, maybe something like the Oriskanky on an occasion. Almost always in my drysuit. Plan on using HP steel 100's I already own plus stages when needed.

My concern with the Razor is the 42lb wing. But Utd has a 50lb wing that can attach to the Razor harness in someway. I could really use some feedback on my thoughts. What do you have for me ScubaBoard?

The UTD wings will attach just fine to a Razor Harness. But why not just buy the entire thing through UTD? I use a Bonediver harness which is a razor style harness with the butt plate having d rings built in. It works just fine with my UTD wing.

I asked myself the same question. I kind of like the Razor T weight system. Kimmicky? Not needed? You guys tell me.

The T-weight system works, I use something similar on my hollis rig, although I built it....all it is, is just some weights on a piece of webbing with some well placed gromits to attach it to the rig.

With HP 100s im not sure you will need much weight anyway.

I was thinking the same. But might like it to do al 80's if traveling without my cylinders.

Keep it coming everyone.

im using al80s right now, just because i got rid of the steel 130s i had. The T-weight system, rather my homemade varient, works great. This is in drysuit and heavy undies (33F temps)

I use an alpha/delta wing from UTD for side and back mount, although only with Al80s, if your considering heavier steels the z plus system would work very well for sidemount.

Looks like a very simple system can you buy it with out the manifold?

You can stick a couple of 1lb weights directly onto the webbing below the 'delta'. Not uncomfortable, and provides same benefit as the t-weight system. Also - a solution for any Razor harness type/inspired rig.

Looks like a very simple system can you buy it with out the manifold?

Yes you can.

---------- Post added ----------

You can attach the z plus wing to a SS backplate which helps with weight distribution when using AL80s. Small XS scuba weight pouches attach easily and can carry enough weight. UTD even offers its own weight pouches that are ditch-able. This could be an option if you don't mind a backplate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom