a day of diving?--staying in Sanur

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lorenzoid

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
There have been some similar threads lately, but (I think) I have a more specific question. We will be relaxing in Sanur for three days after a liveaboard and might like to dive on the middle day--the first day is for doing NOTHING, and the third day we're going to see Ubud.

1) Are there dive ops in Sanur and, if so, can anyone recommend one they've had a good experience with? Would it generally be okay if we were to just walk in and arrange some diving for the next day, or do we need to book in advance?

2) Can Lembongan be dived as a one-day trip from Sanur (there in the morning, back in the evening)? Do the dive ops in Sanur offer that kind of trip, or does one need to take a ferry to Lembongan and arrange diving in Lembongan? The latter sounds like a bit of effort for a single day of diving--perhaps not even possible given the ferry schedules? Information, please.

I have been out several times with a very good operation based in Sanur. I believe they are called BIPA. Bali dive professionals etc. I'm sorry I can't be more specific but I don't have their card with me. We went to Nusa Penida with them. They do trips for the mola molas and go to manta rock. They are a very safe and competent operation. Go south along the main street, turn right at the round about and they are about 400 yards on the left.

We dove with Bali International Diving Professionals(BIDP) two years ago and were very satisfied. We saw a Manta at Manta point, but no Mola--They did go the extra mile to try to show us a Mola, though. You might also want to take a daytrip to tulamben to dive the Liberty which is a very nice wreck. Tulamben also has a nice wall and muck site. BIDP can arrage that too. Very nice people.
You can get 3 dives in at Lembongan as a daytrip from Sanur with BIDP and still get back to Sanur in time to have one of those great pizzas at The Village.

Great, thanks to both who replied. So it sounds like arranging a day trip to Lembongan or Nusa Penida from Sanur is a no-brainer.

I didn't think Tulamben was doable as a day trip from Sanur, but apparently it is. We're not big on muck or wrecks, though. I think Lembongan or Nusa Penida would suit us fine.

I've seen other Sanur dive outfits mentioned in the various threads, but two votes here for BIDP is good enough for us.

Lorenzoid, when will you be going?
I'll be going with BIDP next week heading either to Nusa Penida or Padang Bai/Candi Dasa

I will be there at the end of May.

Back
Top Bottom