Uwatec smart tec battery replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Horanm1

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi I bought a second hand smart tec last month took it to
my local d/s and it's been sent away. Its been well over a month
and still no sign of its return. As anyone eles had this problem with scubapro uk ??
:idk: As any one got a contact number as the one on line don't exist !!
And secondley what's the cost of the battery to be replaced ?
Thanks for your repley

Hi I bought a second hand smart tec last month took it to
my local d/s and it's been sent away. Its been well over a month
and still no sign of its return. As anyone eles had this problem with scubapro uk ??
ne_nau.gif
As any one got a contact number as the one on line don't exist !!
And secondley what's the cost of the battery to be replaced ?

The battery is factory-replacement only and 4 weeks isn't a really long time for it, since they also calibrate it and do any necessary repairs as well as change the seals. They often took 6 weeks, however the real question is when/if the dive shop actually sent it in.

What you'll get back and what it will cost is kind of a crap shoot, depending on whether SP can still service the computer (if they still have parts available). The best option would be if it wasn't serviceable, since they'll often hand out a really sweet deal on something current.

The worst option would be if they do have a battery, since the cost of the battery replacement for someone who isn't the original owner was several hundred dollars.

What you should really do is contact the dealer you took it to, ask them if and when they actually sent it in, what SP said they would do with it and how much it will cost. Only they can give you definitive answers to your questions.

flots

Thanks for your repley.
It makes sence in what you have said, I will have to sit back and wait a while longer.
Cheers again

Thanks for your repley.
It makes sence in what you have said, I will have to sit back and wait a while longer.
Cheers again

Don't wait. Call the dive shop and ask them specifically what will be done with your computer and what it will cost. They can call SCUBAPro/Uwatec and find out before it's too late.

There's no sense in putting a $400 battery into a $100 computer (or whatever you paid for it)

flots

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom