Now for something completely different...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doppler

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Inaugural Disaster Scenario Clinic... Dutch Springs, July 8, 2012

A buddy of mine once remarked that a great dive is one where everything goes perfectly, and when the team surfaces, one diver is in full kit, one has half her gear missing and the third is butt-naked.

While that scenario is a wild exaggeration, and paints a frightening image, what my buddy was referring to is the habit of doing team drills to prepare us for disasters during our dives. These are something we are told to practice on every dive... and sometimes we do. But how much good do they really do?

In response to the promoting of a couple of friends, I have put together a one-day clinic is designed to build on the regular skill-building drills we push to students during tech programs... however, this takes them to a whole new level.

If you want, this can be a refresher, a kick at the can your tech instructor did not have the time or inclination to give you, or simply a wake-up call. I cannot guarantee anyone will end up naked, but I think you'll have fun anyway.

Sign-up is here, pay using PayPal. Course Fees are $99

Space is limited.

Oh, that sounds like FUN! Hope you have an overwhelming response.

Wow Steve that does sound like fun! Maybe I will have to look into coming up that weekend!

That actually sounds like a blast, but it was WAY to far for me. Not to mention cold.

Sounds Awesome.. Now if you were only closer.

Who is going to be naked?? Pics before I sign up.

LOL... goofy bunch here to be sure!

See how this one goes and might become a regular "thing" across my teaching area...

---------- Post added April 11th, 2012 at 07:31 AM ----------

Never was big on excuses. Sign me up.

Last course was fun, expecting same...

Be great to work with you again... looking forward to seeing you there... same spot by the way!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom