Trip Report: Raja4Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just ask the dive guides about our standard phrase upon surfacing: "Best dive ever!" If you can say that – and mean it – almost 40 times within two weeks, things are pretty clear: The dive sites around Pef are simply wonderful. Perfectly intact corals, exciting topography and a marine fauna that is unsurpassed. We’ve been diving all over the world for many years – yet we saw dozens of fishes and critters unknown to us on every single dive! And it doesn’t stop there: The friendliness of the staff, the rustic luxury of the bungalows and of course the delicious food made for a truly fabulous vacation. Bottom line: We’ll be back – very soon!

Any photo's of the resort?? And any more info on the types of dives you did?? I met the owner at a dive show and this place truly looks amazing BUT its more expensive than a live-aboard! And with RA being so big and diverse I'm not sure I'd want to be stuck in one place.... BUT then again when that one place seems as amazing at R4D then it might not be that bad!

I’ll post a few pictures as soon as I have sorted out my stash (got no underwater shots, though). Don't worry about diversity: We did almost 40 dives in 2 weeks and each and every one was different (in topography as well as in fauna). The 50+ dive sites within a 5 to 60 minute radius offer slopes, drop-offs, channels with lots of current, muck - and even caverns (in the famous „passage“ on the way to Sorong). Maybe the resort is more expensive than a live aboard because it’s better then any live aboard? I personally enjoy going back ashore for lunch (most of the days), dinner and a good night’s sleep … Also there’s at least a minimal amount of interaction with the locals (kitchen crew, housekeeping, dive crew, boat crew - most of them from Pulau Pef or a nearby island) - another thing that you won’t get on a live aboard.

That's not exactly true, nomad. Many liveaboards, particularly in that area, use local people. With 12 days on the boat, you probably get as much time with individuals if not more time than being on land. You can get as much interaction as you can handle.

And, you don't sleep well on a boat?

To each their own.

i recomm KM Black Manta! my wife and i were on it for 7D6N and we loved it. the cruise director--Cedric--is professional and we actually looked fwd to his dive briefings. almost a Las Vegas act by itself.

and i mean that in a nice way....

Here's a few pics of the resort - sorry for the long wait!

Attachments

• P1050347.jpg
    P1050347.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 376
  • P1050509.jpg
    P1050509.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 447
  • P1050510.jpg
    P1050510.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 421
  • P1050706.jpg
    P1050706.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 418
  • P1050710.jpg
    P1050710.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 365
  • P1050715.jpg
    P1050715.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 408
The photo of the sunset with the long pier is fantastic!!!
Here's a few pics of the resort - sorry for the long wait!

Thanks Swiss Nomad. How is the food and drink at the resort? Also do they offer massage services?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom